Friday, April 16, 2021

Oreo's Odyssey Day 4

 Oreo's Odyssey..day 4

There's no place like home.

Dear Grand pups 

Today we are heading home. I like this thing called "Road Trip".  I have the whole back seat to nap.  I can curl up in my bed, or rest on the seat. I have on my safety vest and seat belt that keep me from getting into the front seat with Diva and Poppa. I miss sitting in their laps!  Diva pets me when I get restless and sometimes gives me a treat.  I tend to sleep a lot on long drives. The rhythm of the road rocks me to sleep.

We stop frequently for something called gas for the car.  However, Diva doesn't like it when I pass gas.  She makes Poppa stop and walks me around.  So far I've peed or pooped in every state we been through. Poppa says I have marked my way to get back to Uncle Joe's house. 
 
We stopped at a gas station called Love's.  They had a pet park just for dogs.  It is fenced in so an old boy can run, stiff, explore, or relieve himself.  Diva and Poppa ate their lunch and gave me my lunch.  I couldn't eat though as I was too excited by all the noises, and smells.  I did get a long drink of water though which was really good as I was a thirsty dog.

I can tell that Poppa is tired and grumpy about something called a detour.  I think he is ready to be home.  I will be glad to be there too, so I can cuddle up in Diva's lap for a snooze.

I loved being at Uncle Joe's house but there really is "no place like home" cause I am the center of my little universe there.  I love my pack, my Alpha, and especially my mom.  I do make exceptions for grand pups, come visit any time, I will share Diva's lap with you.

Your old pal Oreo.

No comments: